Sometimes people make the mistake of thinking that being on a diet is very restrictive. That if you’re on keto, going out to eat is impossible. However, that’s not the case at all. Today we’ll discuss how you can enjoy Jack in the Box keto.
Jack in the Box is a beloved American fast-food chain born in 1951. It has been dishing out delectable treats for over seven decades. Headquartered in sunny San Diego, California, this chain boasts over 2,200 locations, primarily gracing the West Coast with its flavorsome presence.
In this article, we aim to be your guide through the flavorful maze of Jack in the Box keto options. We'll unravel the choices that align with your ketogenic goals so that your fast-food experience is both satisfying and in harmony with your dietary preferences.
Let’s dig right in!
Jack in the Box Keto Friendly Menu Items
With low-carb lifestyles becoming increasingly popular, fast-food joints that offer keto friendly options are becoming all the rage.
No need to worry, Jack in the Box is bringing their A-game with a menu that caters to those craving a keto-friendly fix. So, if you're a seasoned keto enthusiast or just looking to make healthier choices, Jack in the Box has you covered.
Say goodbye to carb-loaded guilt and hello to a menu tailored for those embracing the keto way of life. From savory bites to satisfying sips, we'll guide you through the flavorful choices that keep your carb count in check while delivering on taste.
Here are Jack in the Box's keto-friendly offerings that allow you to navigate the menu without derailing your low-carb goals.
1. Grilled Chicken Strips
For a simple high-protein meal, the grilled chicken strips are a great option. It’s important to be specific; we want them grilled, not crispy. Side note: Fire-roasted salsa or mustard makes an excellent dipping companion.
Nutrition info: 250 calories; 7g total fat; 43g protein; 5g total carbs; 5g net carbs
2. Grilled Chicken Salad (no croutons, no dressing)
You can keep it keto by ditching the croutons and dressing. Instead, enjoy flame-grilled chicken, shredded cheddar, grape tomatoes, cucumbers, and carrots on a bed of iceberg and romaine lettuce. Pro tip: Replace the dressing with mayo for a keto-friendly twist.
Nutrition info: 230 calories; 8g fat; 30g protein; 12g total carbs; 8g net carbs
3. Grilled Chicken Club Salad (no croutons, no dressing)
Our favorite salad! Make sure to skip the croutons and dressing, and opt for grilled chicken. Revel in all-white meat chicken, shredded cheddar, grape tomatoes, cucumbers, and bacon on a bed of iceberg and romaine lettuce.
Nutrition info: 230 calories; 8g fat; 30g protein; 12g total carbs; 8g net carbs
4. Southwest Grilled Chicken Salad (no dressing, no corn sticks, no corn, no beans)
Omit the dressing, corn sticks, corn, and beans to make the salad keto friendly. You will get a flame-grilled chicken, shredded cheddar, and grape tomatoes. It's not the most low-carb salad, but with a few tweaks, it fits your keto bill.
Nutrition info: 329 calories; 13g fat; 36g protein; 17g total carbs; 9g net carbs
5. Sausage and Egg Box
For a keto-friendly breakfast on the go, you can try the extreme sausage sandwich. Just order without the bun. It's a perfect choice with two sausage patties, American cheese, and a cracked egg. With almost no net carbs, this meal is a hearty and satisfying start to your day.
Nutrition info: 650 calories; 49g fat; 25g protein; 2g total carbs; 1g net carbs
6. Ultimate Breakfast Sandwich
Choose the ultimate breakfast sandwich without the bun if you don’t like sausage patties. Packed with a fried egg, American cheese, ham, and bacon, it's a delicious combo available all day long.
Nutrition info: 371 calories; 27g fat; 26g protein; 6g total carbs; 5g net carbs
7. Loaded Morning Feast
Live up to the hype with the loaded breakfast sandwich (minus the bun) featuring fried egg, bacon, ham, sausage, and melted American cheese. Jack in the Box offers a variety of breakfast options compared to other fast-food spots.
Nutrition info: 530 calories; 42g fat; 31g protein; 7g total carbs; 5g net carbs
8. Bacon Ultimate Cheeseburger (Hold the Bun and Ketchup)
Enjoy the bacon ultimate cheeseburger without the bun and ketchup. With two beef patties, American and Swiss-style cheese, real mayonnaise, and mustard, it's a simple and low-carb meal.
Nutrition info: 749 calories; 57g fat; 49g protein; 10g total carbs; 9g net carbs
9. Sourdough Grilled Chicken Club (without the bun)
Opt for the sourdough grilled chicken club without the bun for a healthier alternative. Packed with all-white meat chicken, bacon, Swiss-style cheese, lettuce, tomato, and real mayonnaise, it's a protein-rich option that keeps you satisfied.
Nutrition info: 424 calories; 28g fat; 34g protein; 9g total carbs; 6g net carbs
10. Bacon Swiss Buttery Jack Burger (without the bun)
Indulge in this buttery burger by ditching the bun. With a quarter-pound beef patty, melted garlic herb butter, hickory-smoked bacon, creamy bacon mayo, and Swiss cheese, it's a simple yet flavorful option.
Nutrition info: 562 calories; 56g fat; 36g protein; 11g total carbs; 8g net carbs
11. Classic Buttery Jack (Hold the Bun and Sauce)
Try the Buttery Jack Burger Classic without the bun and sauce. Featuring melted garlic herb butter on a quarter-pound beef patty with Swiss cheese, lettuce, and tomatoes, it's a satisfying choice with fire-roasted salsa on the side.
Nutrition info: 667 calories; 55g fat; 31g protein; 12g total carbs; 8g net carbs
12. Meat Lovers Breakfast Burrito (no tortilla)
Opt for this breakfast burrito without the tortilla. Packed with bacon, sausage, ham, scrambled eggs, and cheddar cheese, it's a keto-friendly delight. The side of fire-roasted salsa adds a flavorful kick without the extra carbs.
Nutrition info: 505 calories; 41g fat; 30g protein; 4g total carbs; 2g net carbs
If you're thinking about swapping out high-carb dressings, you have many Jack in the Box keto options. The chain offers plenty of choices. These include:
- Sour cream
- Buttermilk house dipping sauce
- Creamy bacon mayonnaise
- Franks Red Hot buffalo sauce
- Creamy Italian sauce
- Creamy sriracha sauce
- Creamy ranch sauce
- Garlic herb butter
- Mayo-onion sauce
- Peppercorn mayo
- Tartar sauce
- Sun dried tomato sauce
- Fire roasted salsa
- Soy sauce
- Hot taco sauce
- Real mayonnaise
In the quest for a keto-friendly meal at Jack in the Box, paying attention to nutritional information is your secret weapon. Checking those numbers is crucial to keep your low-carb goals on track. It ensures you're not unwittingly indulging in sneaky sugars or high-carb culprits that can throw off your keto game.
When ordering, watch out for common pitfalls like breaded items or sugary sauces that can sabotage your efforts. It is best to pick grilled over fried and swap out buns for lettuce wraps to make smarter choices. Customizing your order to be keto-friendly is easier than you think.
Remember, portion control is key. Even keto-friendly options can pack a caloric punch, so practice mindful eating. Finally, savor each bite, and listen to your body's hunger cues. Keeping these tips in mind turns your Jack in the Box experience into a keto win without compromising on taste or satisfaction.
Navigating Jack in the Box while on a keto diet requires some strategic choices. Remember to ditch the buns and stick to our keto guidelines for a smooth experience. We have listed down all the foods that you must avoid at Jack in the Keto to remain in ketosis:
- Barbecue Dipping Sauce: A hefty 10 net carbs
- Honey Mustard Dipping Sauce: A sweet 11 net carbs
- Pancake Syrup: Best to steer clear, as it packs 10 net carbs
- Sweet n’ Sour Dipping Sauce: A sugary 11 net carbs
- Teriyaki Dipping Sauce: Another 11 net carbs culprit
- Ketchup: Too carb-heavy with 8 net carbs
- Grape Jelly: A sweet setback at 14 net carbs
- Secret Sauce: Better kept a secret due to its 10 net carbs
- Strawberry Jam: A fruity indulgence with 11 net carbs
- Potato Wedges: A starchy choice with 54 net carbs
- Egg Rolls: Best to roll away from, carrying a whopping 27 net carbs
- French Fries: A classic but high in carbs, tallying 63 net carbs
- Curly Fries: Spiraled goodness, but with 63 net carbs
- Onion Rings: A tempting treat with 37 net carbs
- Stuffed Jalapenos: Delicious, but a hefty 20 net carbs
- Chicken Nuggets: High in carbohydrate content with 26+ net carbs
- All kinds of Crispy Chicken: An outright no-go
- Late Night Menu items: Best left for another time
- No buns, tortillas, or sourdough
- No tacos, shakes, or desserts
- Sugary Drinks: A definite skip to stay on track
In the world of Jack in the Box, choose wisely, hold the carbs, and savor your keto-friendly experience. And if you're hankering for low-carb fried chicken, my Chick-Fil-A low-carb post might be just the thing for you. Stay keto, stay satisfied!
Quenching your thirst at Jack in the Box doesn't have to derail your keto journey. The beverage lineup offers a range of choices, and we've sorted out some keto-friendly options for you.
Always the healthiest option, Jack in the Box provides refreshing water to keep you hydrated without any added sugars or calories.
- Sugar-Free and No-Calorie Soft Drinks
Dive into the selection of sugar-free, no-calorie, and caffeine-free soft drinks from trusted brands like Coca-Cola and Pepsi. Jack in the Box even offers customizable “freestyle” beverage machines for a personalized touch.
- Fresh Brewed Iced Tea (Unsweetened)
Opt for the unsweetened fresh brewed ice tea, boasting 0 calories, 0 g fat, 1 g carbohydrate, 0 g protein, 0 g sugar, and 0 mg sodium in a 16-ounce serving. A perfect guilt-free choice.
- High Mountain Arabica Coffee (Black)
Coffee enthusiasts can enjoy a regular 12-oz cup of Jack in the Box’s High Mountain arabica coffee (black) with just 9 calories, no fat, no sugar, and 2 g of carbohydrates—a sensible pick for breakfast or lunch.
Here’s a friendly reminder to steer clear of the tempting but high-carb options like the Mocha Sweet Cream Iced Coffee. The regular size packs 190 calories, 6 g total fat, 32 g carbohydrates, and a hefty 30 g of sugar. Picking smarter choices will make you stay on track with your keto goals at Jack in the Box.
Next time you roll up to the drive-thru, armed with these tips, you'll be ready to conquer your keto cravings at Jack In The Box:
- Order Bunless: Start by ordering your favorite burgers or breakfast sandwiches without the bun. Those buns may seem innocent, but they're dangerous, packing more carbs than you'd want for a whole day. So, ditch the bun and savor the flavors guilt-free.
- Avoid Crispy Crunch: When it comes to crispy delights, think twice because they are fried and breaded. Anything coated in breadcrumbs is a carb-loaded culprit. Extra crispy may sound delicious, but it could lead to higher carb intake, and we're not here for that. Check out this study to see why crispy might be a no-go.
- Safe Sauces: Hold off on the sauces and dips because they contain sneaky carbs. They might seem innocent, but hidden sugars lurk within. Jack in the Box's Barbecue Dipping Sauce, for instance, brings a whopping 8g of carbs per serving. Instead, consider other low-carb keto sauce options. We've got the scoop on those later.
- Say No To Sugar: Be cautious with sugary drinks as they are very high in carbohydrates. We all know they contribute to unwanted pounds and health issues. Steer clear! While we're not cheerleaders for diet sodas, if you must, it's a cautious green light (with a hint of yellow). Water is still the MVP, though.
- Customize Your Meal: Most options at Jack in the Box can be keto-fied with a few tweaks. A bunless burger is your new best friend. Just ask your server to box it up for you. Living a low-carb life isn't rocket science; a few hacks, and you're on the keto express.
When it comes to staying in ketosis, Jack In The Box can be a surprisingly keto-friendly option for those on the go. Opting for a bunless, sauceless burger and swapping out fries for a side salad makes for a satisfying low-carb meal.
The breakfast menu provides additional choices, allowing you to enjoy a hearty sausage, bacon, egg, and cheese sandwich by simply skipping the bun. For a lighter option, their selection of salads, especially the grilled chicken salad, can be a delicious keto-friendly alternative.
Remember, simplicity is key — avoid combo meals to minimize food waste. Overall, Jack In The Box offers a range of choices that align with your keto goals. You can find something to eat here whether grabbing a quick bite or planning a meal. Just be careful and always stick to your daily macros!
If you'd like to learn more about eating out while on keto, click on one of the links below: